About The Country Club

The Country Club exists to divert its members by recording and comparing members’ travels. There are 195 UN Member States/Official Observor, and we are trying to visit them all. Check our progress on the Club Ladder, to the right, or by clicking the link for the List of Countries Visited below that. Curious how we count? Click The Country Club By-Laws link.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Mr C's Necessary Revisions Move Him to 3rd Place

Dear Mr. Secretary:

I write to inform you of necessary revisions to my countries visited total.   I happened upon the blog site today, and  I was shocked to see that my “Countries Visited” total remained stuck at 90.  

Some of the revisions are in no doubt due to your laxness in maintaining accurate club records.  Others are due to travel taken since my last report.  Regardless.

In addition to the 90 countries listed, please record the following additions:

1)      Greece.   I just returned from Skiathos.  Spent a week with Mr. Buckman in his villa.  I think you know the gentleman.
2)      Tanzania:   I have been there a dozen times.   Several PSI retreats in Zanzibar.   Mr. Manchester (RIP) and I designed the Tanzania condom social marketing program in the mid -1990s.   May God grant you “Salama” despite your inaccuracy in record keeping.
3)      Angola:  I visited the PSI operation in 2015.  Better late than never was my motto.
4)      Qatar:  I spent the night there-clearing customs-- twice on my way to Nepal and back.  2015.  Lodging courtesy of Qatar Airways.    
5)      Madagascar:   Finally a visit to the PSI operation in 2015.   My thanks to Pierre-Loup for his welcome.
6)      Mauritius:   Yet another country visited way back when (1988), and no doubt already reported.   I was living in Zambia at the time.
7)      Turkey:   A week spent in Istanbul, courtesy of PSI, in 2015.

So that puts me at 97.   Now that I am, shall we say, in between assignments, look for this number to soon break 100.

I appreciate your constant diligence in keeping my spreadsheet up to date.

With my most deep respect,

Mr Clancy

No comments:

Post a Comment