About The Country Club

The Country Club exists to divert its members by recording and comparing members’ travels. There are 195 UN Member States/Official Observor, and we are trying to visit them all. Check our progress on the Club Ladder, to the right, or by clicking the link for the List of Countries Visited below that. Curious how we count? Click The Country Club By-Laws link.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mr H Finds His Mojo

Inspired by Mr C's spreadsheet audit, and motivated by our esteemed secretary nipping at my heels, I looked at my own spreadsheets.  I have not posted a blog or new country in years, and fear that I may be losing my traveling mojo.  Or I'm in groundhog's day, visiting the same places over and over again.  

To my delight, and chagrin, I found 2 missing visits -- Finland and Lesotho.  I visited Finland when I was still begging for money.  Vodkas were had.  I visited Lesotho for a day last year, when I was checking (edited -- something work-y). I fear I was only there for a day, arriving early AM, and leaving at cocktail hour.  Hopefully, the beer I quaffed while running to catch my plane in the Lesotho airport gets this trip across the country club qualifying threshold.  

After reaching the century mark a few years ago, my country numbers have largely stagnated.  I need to get creative, or risk a continued stall on the club ladder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment